Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/snowblower won't start

Question
Hello, I have a Huskee 179cc, 24" wide, snowblower. I bought it new and this is the 2nd Winter for it. It was running fine when I put it away after Winter. I'm trying to get it started but it won't. I'm using fresh gas, oil is clean and full, checked the spark plug, tried pulling and also the electric start, but nothing. I've primed it plenty of times but still nothing. It cranks but shows no signs of starting. I added Sta-Bil to the gas last season but didn't drain the tank.

Any suggestions on how to get this thing started?

Thanks, John

Answer
The first thing we always do is verify spark. Have you verified you have spark?

The second thing we do is put a little fuel into the spark plug hole, re-install spark  plug and see if the engine tries to start or at least pop.

If it tries to start then you know the ignition, compression and timing is fine so it must be a fuel problem...usually old, stale fuel which causing a dirty carb situation.

A cheap turkey baster or an old diner style ketchup bottle with a long pointy tip work well for squirting a little fuel into the spark plug hole.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones