Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Tru-Test Deluxe Snow Blower

Question
I have a Tru-Test Deluxe Snow Blower that I need two parts for.  The model number is 5211 and the serial number is E 002306.  Manufactred by Atlas Tool & Manufacturing Co.  I need the 3/8X21" belt and the part that initiates the auger.  It is C shaped with bolt brackets on each end with something that looks like a brake pad on the inside.  It clamps down on the engine take-off that connects to the chain drive for the auger.  Any ideas where I could locate these parts?  Thank you.

Answer
You should be able to get the belt at you local auto parts store or bearing supply warehouse.

As for the other parts you will need to contact MTD as they bought Atlas many years ago.

http://www.mtdproducts.com/equipment/mtdproducts

Also check this message board:

http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=gardent&th=16465%253E

See what the MTD folks say.  If they say they can't get parts then I'm not sure where you could find them.

Eric  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones