Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/carb settings

I have a Weed Eater blower model gbi22. What is the adjustment for the Mix and Idle screws on the carb? Thank you so much for taking my question, you folks have helped me in the past and I do appreciate it.

Visit Walbro's website:

I'd start at 1 and 1/4 turns out from a GENTLY seated position.  DO NOT over tighten or you will damage the needles and carburetor!!!

A very small screwdriver is all you need.  If you start to feel resistance are close enough to start turning out.  Set the low or idle first and then the high.  You will have to repeat adjusting both needles to fine turn the carburetor.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology