Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/craftsman lawn tractor

Question
tractor will not start tried the plug still nothing sounds like its not got spark to me

Answer
Did you check to see if you had spark?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa2mF4t6FEg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUOmsGiirTU

You can do the same procedure with a riding mower engine.  Just turn the key to spin the engine.  Make sure the blades are off, the mower is in neutral, the parking brake set, and you or a helper is sitting on the seat.

Don't worry about the spark color as various elements in the air can cause the color to change.  If you have a solid state ignition, all mowers do since 1981, it you see spark it should be good, 99.9% of the time.  As for spark plug gap, use .030 of an inch, not .035 or greater.

Eric  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones