Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Craftsman snowblower 18 yrs. old

Question
Since last years operation it has lost it's spark!  I tried to pull the cover off fly wheel to clean the mag. Points,etc. couldn't get mag. Fly wheel cover off!  No spark to plug for sure! Help!!

Answer
What engine do you have?  If you have a Briggs engine, look at the code number.  It is a long number.  if the first 2 digits are greater than 81 then you have electronic ignition...no points.

If you remove the top engine cover to access the ignition module dis-connect the small wire connected to the ignition module.  With the small wire dis-connected, check for spark, if you have spark with the small wire dis-connected from the ignition module then the module is fine and you have a safety switch or wire problem.

Let me know the engine model, type and code number and if you have spark with the small wire dis-connected from the ignition module.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones