Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Paint color match

Question
Sir:
I have a Noma snowblower that needs paint touch-up. Do you know where I can get matching paint or a close match?

Thank you,
David

Answer
It can be difficult to find as exact match.  I have taken parts to an auto body shop in the past and they matched the paint perfectly...expensive but the result was fantastic.

The local Lowes in our area sells John Deere touch-up paint but they do not sell Craftsman grey, Snapper red or any other outdoor power equipment paint.

Briggs and Stratton now own Murray, who could have made you machine.  Here is what I found on the Murray website FAQ:  "The original finish is an oven-baked powdered paint. However, scratches can be repaired by color matching automotive touch-up paint purchased from a local auto parts store".

Is the machine black or red?  What is the model number?  

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones