Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/craftsman LT 10

Question
QUESTION: I have a 1981 LT 10 as well. Where can I find headlights? The round one and bezel?

ANSWER: I need the mower model number to look up parts.  The model number is on a sticker, about the size of a business card, usually located under the seat or rear fenders.  The model number format will be something like 123.456789.

Send me the model number and I will see what I can find.
Eric

QUESTION: The Model No. is 502.602100.

The big item I need is a mower deck. Just the deck itself - I have all the mechanical parts.

Thanks Eric.

Answer
For some reason the Canada model parts lists are difficult to find in the US.

I believe the mower is similar to a US 917.255274

You can go to the Sears website (Sears.com) and navigate to "Parts Direct", enter the model number and search for your model.

Based on the US numbers the part you need, the deck housing, is AYP (America Yard Products) part number 677A501.  Unfortunately the part is no longer available.

I believe the mower was actually made by Murray but it's difficult to tell from the pictures I found.

I check the US Ebay site and did not see any 36 inch decks for sale.  There is an Ebay seller from South Dakota selling a hood and other parts.  You might want to send him an email and see if he has a used deck.

Eric  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones