Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Electrical Connection

Question
I have a 15 amp electric snow blow, 15 amp rated cord, and a 15 amp outdoor outlet. But the outdoor outlet does not have a GFCI switch on it and the manufacture recommends using an outlet with a GFCI switch. What does the GFCI outlet provide that I would be missing if I connected to this outlet anyway?

Answer
That outlet is called a ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI). It's there to protect people from electrical shock...an extra safety device.

Many state and city local electric codes require GFCI in bathrooms, near sinks (kitchens) and anywhere else where water may be near the electric outlet.

You don't have to have a GFCI but the recommendation is there to protect the manufacture with intentions of protecting the consumer as well.

GFCI outlets are not that expensive and are not too difficult to install.  Check You Tube for videos.

Bottomline...you can use you blower with a regular outlet just make sure to keep everything as dry as possible so you don't electrocute (shock) yourself when using the blower.

Eric  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones