Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/snow chief single stage 2 cycle help

Question
Hello, I have a 1986 Snow Chief model # SC3222DES. I replace the fuel line on it and im still stuck. I have great compression and spark just no fire.

Answer
If the fuel line needed to be replaced then odds are the carb needs to be cleaned and rebuilt as some of the parts inside of the carb are made of material similar to the fuel line.

Do you have a small squirt bottle, like the old diner style ketchup bottles, that you can use as a primer bottle?  If not, Wal-Mart sells them for $1-2.  

Put a small amount of new oil/gas mix in the squirt bottle and squirt a little of the NEW fuel/oil mix directly in the carburetor or put a little inside the spark plug and see if it will try and start.  If so, then you know you have a carb problem.  If it does not start then it could be a bad spark plug, compression, or maybe (rare) a crankcase or intake leak.

Does it have a Tecumseh 2 cycle engine?

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones