Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Yardman Snow Blower

I have a yardman snow blower that is two years old and used less than 10 times, it is leaking oil from somewhere.  It runs down onto the flywheel and does not move.  I fill it up and it runs out fast, it is not burning any of this oil.  I assume there must be a gasket that I need to replace or some of more serious issue.  It starts and runs fine but flies through the oil.

IS the engine and OHV design?  If so, is the valve cover leaking?  

If the head gasket was leaking that bad the engine would not run at all.

Is the main oil seal leaking?

What brand of engine do you have?  What is the engine model, type and code numbers?

Let me know.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology