Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Atlas snow plow model # 15-5211

Question
I'd like to find information on repairing or replacing the clutch.
I was told that if it fails it will be difficult to find parts for the clutch.
Everything I read about this Atlas snow plow/thrower says what a great machine it is...I'd have to agree.
We bought this Atlas for our father 20 - 25 years ago...it was used then...and has worked great until the last
 snow storm 2-3 weeks ago when the drive and auger stopped working.
There seem to be quite a few people that have these and I would think some company would make the parts
 for these machine to sell to the owners.
If they build them, people will buy them.
These parts were manufactured before...I doubt there is a 'patent' on this clutch to keep someone from
 reproducing it. This is an Excellent piece of equipment...someone build a clutch for it. PLEASE!
  People will buy them. Even making the parts to repair the clutch...it's Not Rocket Science...Is it, Is it??

Answer
Parts will be extremely difficult to find as no one makes the clutches anymore and haven't for many years.  The trouble with building such dependable machines is that they last for ever and this decreases sales, aka revenue (money) the company earns.  They could certainly build stuff that good today, probably better, but once they sold the product that's it...very little new sales.

You might be able to find a clutch that would work but I have not idea what brand let alone which part might work.  

Your best bet is to look for used stuff on the internet but you will have to look daily as you never know what or when some parts might show up.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but there is not much I can do to help out.
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones