Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Craftsman Chainsaw

Question
I have a craftsman model 358.355160 chainsaw. My Problem is trying to start it, it starts and dies out right away. I noticed gas comming out of the muffler, a lot of gas. fuel lines, gas filter, and spark plug are new. its an old saw but was working in January of this year. What can I check Next? I Appreciate any advice, Thank You.

Answer
Hello, usually gas can come out of the muffler because you could have stored it upside down and it all flowed into the carb. Also make sure your fuel tank is clean because if there is dirt in it, that can cause it to shut off right away. The main cause is usually the carburetor, if it were mine I would buy a carb I have rebuilt them in the past and end up buying one in the end.  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Zach Krouse