Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Carb flooding

Tim wrote at 2014-03-23 01:57:02
Yes it is a Walbro LMT carb and yes I did replace both the needle and seat but I may have used the wrong seat since the kit came with two of them, one with a large hole and one with a small hole where the needle fits in. I have replaced all fuel lines, filters and even installed a manual shut off valve after removing the tank and cleaning it out. When I had the carb off I also clean it with carb cleaner and then blew it dry with air hose. I did remove the seat by using a screw that I put into the bottom hole and then popped out the seat so by doing that I don't know what the original seat hole was.  

Tim wrote at 2014-03-28 00:52:46
It was a simple question on to either use the seat with a small hole(.049") or the seat with the large hole(.071") that comes int the rebuild kit for the Walbro LMT carb. Surely someone has rebuilt this carb and knows which seat is for it.  

Thumb wrote at 2014-03-30 05:54:53
I found out the problem and the engine is back together and running great. You can close this now if you want.  

Pat wrote at 2016-04-11 14:05:31
I have the exact same issue described and same unit 18hp Intek

The original needle brass seat was damaged during removal.

Not sure if I should use the smaller or larger orfice size brass seat

in my Walbro carb kit 697241. Both seats in kit have no markings of

any kind to differentiate.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology