Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/stihl fc 75 edger

I have been having some problems the last couple of seasons with the power on my edger. I have new spark plug, spark arrestor,gas. Can't find any line leaks, even ajusted the carb per setting in the manual. It will start but as soon as i start to use all power dyes. It's crazy, it's like as soon as I try to edge the edger stalls. HELP please.

Is there a chance the carb diaphragm is brittle and needs to be replaced?  Have you taken the carb apart and inspected the metering diaphragm?

Is there a chance the engine might have an air leak?

If you have a pop-off pressure tool you can check the carb really easy and use the same tool to check for crankcase pulsing.

Some message boards have an alternate carb, read the messages below the video:

FYI, we have not had to replace any carbs on the FC 75 but we have had to rebuild them.

Vacuum test video:

Has the carb ever been rebuilt?

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology