Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Tecumseh Motor

I have a Tecumseh TVXL195 motor and it runs very fast. I tried tuning the carb and it does nothing. Any suggestions on why it is doing this. I had the motor rebuilt and was wondering if it could be out of time

Hello there Dave,

I have had this problem wuth my toro wheelhorse, I had the same exact thing happen to my techumse. Mine was back firing, shouting flames out the exhaust and was running like it was about to blow up.

1st.) Check your throttle cable annd make sure its all the way back

2.nd) If you could send me a video of it running I would appreciate.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Michael Krouse J.R.

I own a small landscaping company and I don't like the idea of paying someone money for a service you can do your self, So I fix my own equipment and besides I have a masters degree in small engine repair so I don't even know why I would even think to pay someone to fix my equipment, So long story short if it has a engine under 50hp I probably can fix it.

I have a Masters Degree in small engine, I am Currently a ASE Master Tech and have been for 10 years, I rebuilt my first tractor engine when I was 16 and ever since I have been fiddling/tinkering and repairing engines.

I have a high school diploma, Masters in Small engines and A ASE Master Tech.