Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/pivot points

Question
what lubercant do I use on the pivot points on my Troy built ridding mower

Answer
It depends on what you are lubricating but in general for steering and deck components you can use a multipurpose grease or some white lithium grease.  If you have grease zerks fittings that you can use a grease gun to apply the lubricant I would use a multipurpose grease.  If you do not have grease zerk fittings then I would use a spray grease lubricant.

See the URL for grease zerk fittings:

https://www.google.com/search?q=grease+zerk&rlz=1C1BLWB_enUS573US573&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=a81NU50eqanIAY7_gagE&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1680&bih=935

The main thing to do when lubricating pivot points is to try and get the grease on the inside of the pivot point.  If you just spray or grease the surface or outside of the pivot point you are not getting the lubricant where it needs to be to lube the parts and prevent wear.

Let me know if this helps.
Eric  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones