Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/weed eaterbrand-push mower

Question
ive replace the blade adapter 3 times and it keeps braking
and freely turning around the shaft.i think the shaft is messed
up,can those be replace on them. and if so how do you remove them.i have try to look it but can find how to do it.

thanks scott

Answer
If the crankshaft is messed up you could replace it.  Replacing the crank takes a lot of time and very special tools to torque the rod and installing a new oil seal.

You could have a machine shop repair the shaft...expensive.

You could weld the blade adapter but you would never be able to remove the blade adapter.  

Have you taken the mower to a small engine repair shop and asked them to look at the shaft and see if it is messed up?  

You could also have a machine shop look at it...they will be able to tell if the shaft is damaged.

Depending on the problem, you may be able to drill through the blade adapter and shaft and install a bolt and nut all the way through the hole to hold the adapter to the crankshaft.

If you attach a picture I may be able to tell you if the shaft is bad.

Try attaching a picture.
Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones