Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Lawn tracker runs for 1 min and stop

Question
Dear Eric,

I have an old John Deere lawn tracker 165 that starts but run about 1 min and then stop.  I have replaced fuel filter, spark plug and clean air filter.  Do you think the problem is due to fuel pump?  Is it easy to replace? should I buy the entire pump or some parts?  or the problem is caused by something else. Please advise.

Many thanks.

Vincent

Answer
First check the fuel and vacuum lines before replacing fuel pump.  If possible, disconnect each one, one end at a time, and cut a 1/4 off the lines and re-connect.

What engine is on the mower?

Did you watch the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAUZUPoopSI

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones