Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Titan Gen diesel eng

LCT 10HP Diesel -Family 4LCTL.418L10
Model LDHP51100D
I have an oil leak at the governor Gear Assem . Have replaced flat rubber O ring Part # LCT7525 but still leaks oil.Is the ck case building up pressure or how can this leak be stopped

The crankcase could be building pressure but as designed the breather system is supposed to prevent positive pressure.

Service manual URL:

Not very helpful!

You could use a rubber cork with a hole drilled in the center and connect it to a vacuum gauge or manometer to determine if the engine is maintaining negative pressure.  Insert the rubber cork in the oil dipstick tube to seal the crankcase and then start the engine while holding the cork in place and reading the gauge.  If you do not hole the cork in place the engine pressure blow the cork out of the dipstick tube.

You could also just clean the valve breather system to ensure it is working but I can't find any service manual or parts list for the engine to see which breather system the engine has.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology