Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/troy built deck belt

2007 troy built bronco 42 inch mower deck belt broke. replaced with belt number from manual. The belt does not have the tension needed to turn blades when engaged appears to be a couple inches to big. Is there a pulley adjustment that I am not seeing n the manual. blades won't cut belt won't stay on.

What is the mower model number?  The model is located on a sticker, about the size of a business card, usually under the rear seat or fender.  You are looking for a 12 alpha/numeric model number.

The manual I pulled up online states you may have to loosen the nut on the left idler pulley to remove the belt from the engine pulley.  There must be an adjustment on the pulley.

Did you have to loosen anything to install the new belt?

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology