Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Yard-man Riding mower. Model SV620

My husband received this mower as a gift for Christmas. He finally got to go through all of the assembling and set-up today. After getting everything all together he started it. It started right up just fine, but It won't move forward or backward! Is there something he may have missed in the set up? Please help, our yard is a jungle!!!

Is the mower a hydrostat model?  If there are no speeds, say 1-5, then most likely you have a hydrostatic transmission.

There should be a release lever so you can roll the mower back and fourth.  Make sure the lever is set to drive and not roll.

What is the mower model number?  You will find the mower model on a sticker, about the size of a business card, and the the mower model format will be something like 123-45678 or 123-456-789.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology