Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Husqvarna Lawnmower will not start

Question
I HAVE A HUSQVARNA LAWNMOWER MODEL HU775H  WITH A BRIGGS AND STRATTON ENGINE NUMBER 111P02-0116-F1  12042662. I WAS CUTTING GRASS AND HIT A BRICK AND BROKE THE SHEAR TIMMING KEY. I REPLACED THE KEY AND FOUND I HAD NO SPARK, SO A WEEK LATER I REPLACED THE IGNITION COIL, BUT FOUND OUT I STILL HAVE NO SPARK, SPARK PLUG IS NEW. WHAT ELSE CAN I CHECK. IT ALL SEEMS SO STRANGE. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR EXPERT ADVICE ON THIS MACHINE, THANK YOU.

Answer
Dis-connect the small wire connected to the ignition coil.  Check for spark.

Did the new coil have any markings on it such as "up"?  Is the air gap set between .010-.012 of an inch?
Did you replace the spark plug?
Let me know if you have spark with the small wire dis-connected.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones