Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/mower deck

Eric, I have a Airens riding mower 42" cut twin blade. The question I have is when I cut the grass one side of the deck is either cutting the grass to short or just the opposite the other side is cutting to long in short it isn't even. The tires have equal pressure brand new blades the deck is level and clean so was the mower when I leveled the deck I have the deck pitched from front to back the blades are exactly the same under the deck I mean the edges match perfectly the blades are on correctly. The only thing I have not done is change the belt. What are you thoughtsd on this and Thank you Eric.   Mark Eric I have tried to compensate for this by tipping the deck to the long side and this still does not remedy the problem.

Can you park the mower on a level surface, sidewalk or garage, and use a tape measure to measure the deck height at each corner and measure both blade tips?  You might have to go in the side chute to measure the blade tips.

How old is the mower?  Was it ever dropped?  I've had some decks warp and also had a couple of mowers come off trailers or fall out of pick-up trucks and bend the deck.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology