Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Sears Leaf blower

I have the same problem, torn it apart took ohm meter after connections there good, vary little voltage at spark output.
How do I check spark coil module.
Any idea where to buy spark module buy in Calgary

You can ohm the module for open and/or shorts.  You can use and inline ignition tester...pretty cheap and work well...this primarily what I use.  Finally you can use an Imire 3000 tester...pretty expensive tool and I rarely use it.

If the module will jump the .166 of an inch gap which most small inline ignition test have then the module is working.

Ebay is a decent source for cheap modules.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology