Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/stihl chainsaw

Question
hi..i have a tree stump thats very large and very thick. it ruined a homelight chainsaw for me. my question is, if i go buy a stihl chainsaw, should i get a stihl light or a regular stihl? i will probably hire someone with a stihl, but just in i do  it myself, which version of the stihl is best? thank you!

Answer
If depends where you live, what type of cutting you plan to do, and how often you will cut.

The Farm Boss 290 is a great general purpose saw with sufficient power for most cutting situations.  However, if you are just doing routing trimming a lighter saw may be better.

If you want something you can use for a few years and then maybe resell as used then go with the 290.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones