Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/briggs & stratton 18 hp twin 422707

Question
the engine is not getting fuel. I've rebuilt the carb and fuel pump. I've checked the vacuum line,it seems ok. But there is very little vacuum. now what do I do?

Answer
Have you used a vacuum/pressure tester on the pulse line to see if the engine is producing vacuum/pressure to operate the fuel pump?

Is the fuel filter bad?  Is the fuel tank creating a vacuum and not allowing fuel to flow via gravity?

What is the engine type number?  Can you remove the top of the carb, remove the spark plugs, and then crank the engine to see if the fuel pump is pumping fuel?

Were there 2 small springs inside the fuel pump?

Let me know.
Eric  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones