Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Drive Belt removal Husqvarna YTH1848XP

RIding mower Mfr ID# YTH1848XPF, Product# 954567260. I have followed the instructions on pg 23 of the owners manual on how to change the motion drive belt including removing the clutch locator. The belt is not long enough to pull down over the triangular flange of the electric belt clutch thats mounted on the end of the crankshaft right below the belt sheave. Ive even tried working it from the transmission input pulley
trying to get it over and around the cooling fan on the input shaft of the tranny. The only way that I see to do it is to remove the electric clutch assy off the crankshaft. What am I missing here. Ive changed belts on a number of differant brands and models of residential and commercial mowers without having to go look up instruction manuals.
Does the owners manual have incomplete instructions ? Thanks in advance for your

You could remove the engine mounting bolts to move the engine back or just remove the electric clutch.

The Owner's manual does not say to remove the clutch as most home owners do not have the tools to remove it.  However, it makes replacing the belt much easier.  Most of the time we just use and impact gun to remove the electric clutch bolt and takes less time than fighting with the belt.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology