Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Drive Belt removal Husqvarna YTH1848XP

Luke N wrote at 2016-03-17 03:12:24
I have exactly the same problem and came to the same conclusion. There is NO way the belt can fit over the electric clutch... May try putting the belt over the motor pulley first and removing the cooling fan instead to make it possible. Only problem is that the whole seating/rear wheel guard arrangement must be removed for this first. However I dont have the required tools for the electric clutch so there may be no choice!

Luke N wrote at 2016-03-18 02:51:02
Yes unbolting the motor (remove muffler also) and sliding it back will allow the belt to be removed and/or installed. I replaced one this way one just now.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology