Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Fumoto oil drain valve

Hello I am trying to find an oil drain valve for my Kawasaki engine on my new Toro lawn Mower. Lawn mower is 21" commercial HD model 22298. It has a kawasaki engine : FJ180 V KAI - AM25. The fumoto drain valves look good but my question to you is ? can you tell me which drain valve I need OR can you suggest a drain valve & tubing to drain the oil from the side of the engine rather than tipping the mower over on it's side. At 124 lbs that becomes a bit of a chore.

Google "oil vacuum pump extractor".  

I use this one:  Mityvac 7400 7.3 Liter Fluid Evacuator

You can buy less expensive model that will fit your needs.  $30-40 US is well worth it...makes changing the oil a breeze.

Avoid the cheaper siphon models...get a vacuum model.

This model may fit your needs:  Briggs & Stratton 5431K Oil Extractor Pump, 4-Liter

Just warm the oil by running the mower for 5 min or so and then shut it off.  Insert the hose in the warm oil, give the tool a few pumps and suck the oil out of the engine.  You may need to wiggle the hose around a little to may sure it is sucking all the oil out.  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology