Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/system indicator monitor

My Huskee Supreme model 13AP625K730 quit activating the blades when I pulled up on the pto knob.  I cleaned it and the system indicator monitor but still does not work.  My monitor was flashing two triangles on the left side of the monitor if that means anything.  There are two of the monitors that fit this model, the one like mine is $65 the other one just shows Amtr on it, it is $15. Will it be ok to put the cheaper one on it, with that is my problem.  Thanks.  Wanting to know if you think this monitor is my problem.

Did you dis-connect and clean the battery terminals and cable ends with a wirebrush?

The clutch circuit is probably drawing too much current causing the indicator to lite.  Do you have a volt meter to check voltage and the clutch resistance?

Let me know.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology