Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/hitachi chainsaw

Question
QUESTION: Mr. Jones I was recently given a hitachi CS40EA Chainsaw. The carburetor needed a kit, but before I start all the fuel lines are rotton to a point where I just don't know where they go. The carb. is a Walbro WT-993. could you please tell me how to route the fuel lines and what diameter fuels lines this model takes. I know you are very busey, any information will be greatly appreciated, at your convieneance, thank you, Fred.

ANSWER: See this URL for the fuel line part number:

http://www.manualowl.com/m/Tanaka/TCS40EA18/Manual/422937

You saw is a Tanaka.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CD4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tanakapowerequipment.com%2FPDF%2FAll%2FTCS40EA_OM.pdf&ei=uVEBVK3vFs_JggSX4YDQBg&usg=AFQjCNErHNouvo37nkHK4LXOZM2fmRxPPQ

I'm not exactly sure which line fits the saw but 3/32" is very common.  As far as the routing, the main fuel inlet needs to be connected to the line with the fuel filter inside the tank.
Does that make sense>

Eric

QUESTION: Mr. Jones I am now sure  the fuel lines are correct. I can get the saw started, and it will idle but as soon as I try to excellerate to high speed it dies out. I removed the carb. again and cleaned it out and used about 60 lbs. of air blast in all the small holes. Reinstalled carb. and still have the same problem. The high adjustment screw does nothing. Do you believe the carb. has to be replaced? Please let me know what else I can check, thanks Fred

Answer
Most of the time the problem is the carb but I have had other issues cause a chainsaw not to accelerate.

Is the muffler port and spark arrestor clean to ensure the exhaust is flowing?

What is the engine compression.

Do you have two fuel lines?

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones