Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Replace broken part

Question
Hello Eric I have a ride on yardman 4140..14.76 And the wheel or disc with the fins on it is broke I think this fans the grass out to the side could you tell me what this part is called som I can order one.It is located just above the blade under the round grass canopy and has a steel centre with plastic disc that has chaneld fins which creates wind presure to blow the grass out.I can only discribe it as a bowler hat with an 8 inch rim with fins on the rim and a 1 inch   hole in the middle to fit on the down shaft that has the cutting blade atached to it hope I have explained the part good enough for you to recognise it thanks for your time and patience chris

Answer
If the fan you are talking about is on the engine then it is the fan, flywheel fan.  The URL below should take you to the engine parts diagram but check you engine model, type and code number to make sure they are correct.  The engine information is stamped on the engine shroud or valve cover.

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=briggs_and_stratton&mn=28N777-0642-A1&dn=0148

This URL (below) is the parts diagram for your mower:

http://www.powertoolspares.com/buy-parts/#/index.php/tool/yard-man/spares-and-ac

You machine is made by MTD but I can not find the model number in the US MTD website.  This is pretty common so you will need to search the UK website or another country.  The mower is similar to US MTD 13AL450C000.

Based on your description I am assuming you have a 30 inch deck and need part number 731-1583 (fan, deck), $90.00 US plus shipping and handling.

Eric  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones