Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Making my lawnmower quieter

Question
Hello: I have a four year old Toro Personal Pace 20332 lawnmower.It works great,but I am getting tired of having to wear ear protection when I use it.Is there anything that can be done to make it run quieter? I read that Briggs & Stratton have a "Lo-Tone or Super Lo-Tone" muffler kit that can replace the factory muffler. Can this be installed on my lawnmower? Would that make a noticeable difference in noise? BTW,my new neighbors asked me yesterday if I could mow my back yard later,as the lawnmower was disturbing their pool party.
Thanks

Answer
Do you have the Briggs and Stratton 128T02-3125-B1 engine?

If so, check page 10-7 at the URL below:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww4.briggsandstratton.com%2Fmiscpdfs%2FRNT%2FMuffler_Accessories.pdf&ei=ZdQNVJrUK9H-yQSR_IKoAw&usg=AFQjCNHrtHcedy1RCGZag6UejCv3fQ5Reg

Does your muffler look like the super lo-tone Briggs and Stratton part number 496106S?  Just Google the part number.

The only other way to make the mower quiter is to buy a different mower.  Most of the Kawasaki and Honda engine are quiter...I prefer the Kawasaki over the Honda.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones