Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/my weed eater stop cutting grass!!

My troy bilt 2 stroke weed eater runs great. I was using it today and it all of a sudden stopped cutting the grass. So I payed closer attention to it an it was running at the right rpms, the head was spinning correctly, an it had string in it. I would like to know why it will not cut but it will run and spin the head just fine? Please help me.. I can't find any kind of answers or questions like this on the internet. HELP ME PLEASE!!

The clutch could be wore or the some part in the inner shaft could be broke.

I would take the shaft off and turn the inner shaft by hand to make sure the inner shaft is turning the head.  You can use a set of plyers to verify the inner shaft turns the cutting head.  Just hold the head between your feet and turn the inner shaft with the careful not to damage (round off) the inner shaft when using the pliers.  When holding the head with your feet, if the inner shaft does not want to turn when using pliers then the inner shaft is good and you know the parts are working because you are preventing the head from turning with you feet.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology