Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Woods mower model RM 306-3

Hello! The belt is part no 31666; the diagram is very worn, we can't read it at all. We have paid over $100 for the new belt and want to be sure we are installing it correctly! Have you any idea where we can find a belt diagram, or anyone who knows? Thanks!

No luck finding a manual.  Noticed you have been posting on the message boards as well which is where I find a lot of information as well.

Based on the belt part number it is a regular V belt.  There are some basic rules when figuring out the belt routing.

1)  The V part of the V-belt rides in V pulleys.  These will have deeper V's than flat pulleys.

2)  The back, or flat side of the belt rides on flat pulleys.

Sounds very basic but most people do not realize these simple rules.  If you pay attention these basic rules can help identify the belt routing.

I did find a picture posted by djradz at the URL below:

You might try emailing/posting and see if they will send you a picture.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology