Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Aircap Industries Snow Champ

Hi Eric
My daughter just acquired an older Aircap Industries Snow Champ 5/24 snow blower.  It is a manual start with a Tecumseh engine.  She did not get an owners manual and I don't see anything on line.  I want to change the oil on it but have no idea what grade of oil is recommended by the manufacturer.  What would you recommend?

SAE 5W-30.

If the blower had a gear box it might need some gear oil...newer models use a grease but many of the older models used SAE 80-90 gear oil in the gear box.  If you see a fill plug on the gear box it most likey uses gear oil.

This site maybe helpful:

FYI, Aircap is no longer in business.  I've been in the small industry for over 20 years and rarely see Aircap so the messages boards will probably be your best source of info on Aircap products.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology