Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Advice Needed

Dear Friends:  I am a retired teacher and still working part time as a teacher aide.  I also love to invent.  Things I want to make to solve a problem.  `
I live in a senior apartment and there is no waterhose outside to use to wash my car. During bad weather, I do not go outside even at a time my car needs washing.  Can I use a leafblower.  The one that fastened to the back and can I put water and can the blower made to shoot water and my car then can be washed.

There are many cars without carports and I know I can even market this idea and make a little money to help with my income. Thanks for your advice.  My home number is .  My address is 10846 Poplar St. #l03, Loma Linda, CA  92354.  Thanks

It takes a of power to move water.  You might be able to push some water with a backpack style blower but you would need a lot of water and that means heavy weight.

If you tried to use the blower to pull water you would most likely need a venture setup somewhere in the system to create a low pressure are in order to have atmospheric pressure provide enough force to push the water through the system.

Other issues to consider is water volume verses pressure.  There is a trade-off for either of these two conditions as they are inversely proportional.

Some fluid dynamic design software may assist with design considerations but design modeling software is expensive...outside the budget of DIYers.

Why not just purchase an electric pump washer?

Thanks for teaching!

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology