Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/carb kit

Question
QUESTION: I have an MTD snowblower with a Tecumseh Snow King engine...  I can't seem to find a carb kit to repair it as the model number from the engine is hard to look up...  where can I find the carb kit?  The model number is HMSK80 1555450 (H) and the Date of Manufacture is 6158R.  I worked in a mower shop years ago and still know how to do the job, my problem is just finding the parts for it.

ANSWER: Check the spec number again.  It does not look right.

I suspect your carb is Tecumseh part number 632334A.

Most likely the carb kit you need is Tecumseh 632347...make sure it has an inlet needle seat and bowl o-ring/gasket.

Eric

QUESTION: My fiancee looked at it, and the number is 155545u (H)

Answer
Good number.  The entire carb part number is 632334A - Tecumseh Carburetor.

The kit part number is Tecumseh 632347.

Make sure you Google the carb and the kit number for prices.

Also, if you Ebay the carburetor number you can find new carbs, from China, for less then $15 delivered to your door...just remove the old carb and install the new one.

Don't know the quality but since Tecumseh is out of business I suspect whoever is making Tecumseh parts is located in China or Malaysia...so might as well buy direct.

Eric  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones