Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Sears Roto Spader

Question
QUESTION: i have a sears 8 HP Roto Spader im just trying to figure out the way the belts are supposed to go around the pulleys it has 2 belts,also forward neutral revese handle. if you know where i could find a manual or diagram and tensions,no luck at sears. thank you

ANSWER: Is there a model number on the tiller?  Sears always puts a sticker with the model number somewhere on the machine.  It will be a long number, something like 123.456789.

As a rule of thumb, to figure out belt routing, if the pulley is a V pulley the V part of the belt goes in the V pulley.  If the pulley has a flat face, then the back or flat part of the belt rides on the flat pulley.  This basic rule has helped me out countless times when I did not have the old belt to figure out how to install a new belt.

Let me know what the model number is.
Eric

QUESTION: sorry i left it out by mistake model number is 785-62718-322

Answer
Did you Google the model number or go to Sears web site and look for the manual?

For some reason the US internet, or Sears web server, prevent me from searching the Sears Canada website.  Don't know why but I can look up Canadian snowblowers either...I know they are made my MTD and sold through Sears and other stores in Canada.

Try the Canada Sears website and see if you can find the model number.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones