Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/briggs model number 220707 type 0641-01 code 84020610

Question
It was running ruff after the summer I started plowing and it back fired and shut off. I tore the carb off and cleaned it very well put new fuel lines on it filter, spark plug and cleaned the air filter. Put it back together and it fired up still running ruff.took it back out and it did it again back fired then shut off. I drained the summer gas cleaned the carb again and went over as best to my knowledge, I have spark and now I noticed that I have no adjustment from full throtle to turtle but the choke is working. And now this time it won't start, it cranks good but the spark plug is dry so it like it is not getting fuel.the carb fills up but nothing gets to the motor and while it's running ruff when it did the throttle screw on the carb had no tension holding it in place so I ordered a new governor clip and spring hoping that will help. I don't know if I am missing a part or if there is anything else I can try. I also put 93 octane in after I drained the summer gas

Answer
First, try not to mess with the governor.  If you do, read the procedure on static adjustment at the URL below:

http://www.briggsandstratton.com/us/en/support/faqs/adjusting-the-governor

With the engine running a full speed, can you turn the needle jet in, on the bottom of the carburetor to the point the engine will die?

On those carburetors, make sure the throttle shaft is not so wore it is leaking air or the shaft is binding as it is work?  I have seen these carbs with wore throttle shaft cause rough and erratic running.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones