Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Gardenway 16.5 HP Troy-Bilt

How do I replace the bottom belt on a model # 13AN693G118 Serial # 1B063B470216 Troy-Bilt Gardenway Riding mower. The belt is worn and keeps coming off but I am unsure of how to replace it properly. Can you help me with detailed instructions on how to do this procedures?

The URL should tank you to MTD shop manuals...MTD makes Troy Bilt products...actually, Troy Bilt are MTD products.  Look through the manuals as they describe how to remove decks and install belts.

Section 8 of the URL below describes how to remove/install decks along with belts on several model series.

Found a video as well:

FYI, we usually remove the entire deck when replacing belts because customers usually want their blades sharpened also plus we check all the pulleys along with the blade adapter housings by spinning them by hand.  We listen to see if the bearings are noisy and feel if they are loose and wore.  It's easier to perform a full service with the deck removed.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology