Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/John Deere - Mod.- 245

Question
Hello Eric: The Info you ask for in your ans to my question on March 11, Yes the carb does have an Electronic fuel shutoff valve. Alsothe fuel pump is mounted to the fan shroud of the engine. and the Model number is FH601v  B42314, the code # is FH601v-CS-15 a 20hp Kawasaki V Twin ohv engine, sorry for the missing info. Any further with the correct Info?  Thanks a Lot Eric

Jim

Answer
If the shutoff solenoid is not receiving power the engine will not run.

Is the fuel pump electric or a vacuum pulse style pump?

Either way, I would dis-connect the fuel line going to the carburetor, crank the engine and see if fuel is being pumped to the carburetor.

Let me know if the fuel pump is pumping.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones