Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Kawasaki engine model/spec numbers

I have an engine that threw a connecting rod and put a hole in the block
The model and spec numbers are as fallows  fx801v-fs04-r
Engine number being fx801va35795
I found a block with similar model/spec numbers except the f is replaced with an a as fallows
So what is different about the two blocks if anything besides the different letter in the spec

We do not sell a lot of Kawasaki engines so I am not sure of the differences between the blocks.

I recommend you follow the URL below and see if they know the differences between the blocks:

You can replace the engine with another brand but may have to perform some slight modifications, usually just throttle and basic wiring.  Kawasaki makes a very good and reliable engine...I have only seen a couple blow a connecting rod but when they do break, such as a rod, most technicians and engine specialists recommend replacing the entire engine as the Kawasaki's usually destroy everything inside the engine when they break.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology