Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Kawasaki engine model/spec numbers

Question
I have an engine that threw a connecting rod and put a hole in the block
The model and spec numbers are as fallows  fx801v-fs04-r
Engine number being fx801va35795
I found a block with similar model/spec numbers except the f is replaced with an a as fallows
Fx801v-as04-r
So what is different about the two blocks if anything besides the different letter in the spec
number

Answer
We do not sell a lot of Kawasaki engines so I am not sure of the differences between the blocks.

I recommend you follow the URL below and see if they know the differences between the blocks:

http://www.brandnewengines.com/repower.aspx

You can replace the engine with another brand but may have to perform some slight modifications, usually just throttle and basic wiring.  Kawasaki makes a very good and reliable engine...I have only seen a couple blow a connecting rod but when they do break, such as a rod, most technicians and engine specialists recommend replacing the entire engine as the Kawasaki's usually destroy everything inside the engine when they break.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones