Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/manual

Question
I am looking for a maintenance/repair manual for foote/dana 4450-1 transaxle  would be grateful for any help     THANK YOU

Answer
I have not found a Foote/Dana manual online but the Tecumseh service manual is very similar for the 4450-1.

Google "peerless motion drive" and you will find the Peerless manual...your transaxle is almost identical to several Peerless transaxles.

If you read the Peerless manual on the section similar to your Foote transaxle, you should have no problem with doing a rebuild...usually just the shift keys and/or chain.

Pay attention to the washers as some are beveled for shifting, the spacers and the bushings, how they fit in the case with the little tab, and it will be a piece of cake.  The hardest part is cleaning the old grease and inspecting all the parts for wear.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones