Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/yard machine 22 auger will not turn freely at times

How can I check out why the auger stops. Motor running strong, wheels turn well good power.
I had a milky white liquid slow drip from the rear of the motor.

First, make sure the milky white liquid is not coming from the engine...check the oil color and oil level...the oil should be brown.

It can be difficult to check the blower assembly while the belts are on the machine.  You could remove the belts or remove the entire bucket assembly as it removes easy with removing a few nuts and bolts.

Which ever method you choose, belt or bucket assembly removal, once you have isolated the blower portion you should check to make sure you can rotate all the parts by hand.  If anything binds or feels rough you may have a bad bearing or there may be excessive wear on a shaft that us causing the problem.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology