Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/1999 Murray 40 in. riding mower

Question
The mower has a 12.5 power built Briggs and Stratton engine.  I started the mower cut about ten feet and it just cut off.  I have replaced the solenoid switch and the starter, the battery is charged and the spark plug is firing.  It clicks like it wants to start, The fly wheel twitch's like it want to run, but that is it.  Any ideas what is going on, or do I say goodbye to my old friend.

Christ Peace
Daphne Goodwin

Answer
If you remove the spark plug, will the starter spin the engine?

Did you dis-connect and clean the battery terminals and cable ends with a wirebrush?  I have fixed a lot of starting issues just by dis-connecting and cleaning the cable ends and battery terminals.

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones