Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Briggs and stratton no start

QUESTION: I have a simplicity zero turn with a b/s model 386777 type 0114e1 code 0503311       I have a crank no start condition, I found that the fuel shut off/ anti fire solenoid was stuck and I replaced, still same problem, I checked oil,fuel, spark, compression, I replaced fuel filter, pump and cleaned and rebuilt the carb still no start, I pulled line off carb and I am getting a good flow of fuel but when I hook line back up no fuel flow, mower will run if I put fuel in cylinders. I figure this is something really simple that I am overlooking.

ANSWER: Will the mower run if you put fuel in the carburetor?

With the carburetor fuel line disconnected, and when you crank the engine, does fuel squirt out the end of the fuel hose?

QUESTION: I get good fuel flow from line disconnected from carb, nothing when I connect line to carb inlet, when I cleaned carb I soaked overnight and blew out all orifices with compressed air and found no restrictions before rebuilding. mower will not run unless I put fuel in cylinders or small mist of starting fluid.
thank you

Can you remove the fuel shut-off solenoid and then crank the engine to see if fuel is entering the carburetor?

With the solenoid removed, and when you crank the engine, gas should pour out of the carburetor.

Make sure you have the spark plugs removed when working on the engine.  I would also use clip leads and ground both spark plug wires to make sure no spark(s) can start a fire.

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology