Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Husqvarna lawnmower

Question
HELLO MR. JONES WE LOST COMMUNICATION A FEW DAYS AGO GOING BACK TO OUR LAST DISCUSSION YOU TOLD ME TO SET THE INTAKE VALVE BETWEEN .003 AND .005 I SET IT AT .005 THE EXHAUST IS SET AT .007 I GAINED 50 LBS. ON THE COMPRESSION GAUGE, BUT STILL WILL NOT START. MY FRIEND TOOK THE SPARK PLUG OUT AND SPRAYED CARB. CLEANER INSIDE AND REPLACED PLUG AND THE MACHINE STARTED, AND RAN GOOD. THE CARB WAS OVERHAULED AND PRESSURE TESTED WHAT IS MY NEXT STEP?

Answer
If it started with carb cleaner you know the compression, ignition, and timing are working.  This leaves the fuel system as the problem.

If you spray carb cleaning in the carburetor will the engine start?  If so, you know the intake valve is working...this leaves the carburetor at fault.

When you cleaned the carb, did you dis-assemble the carb and spray compressed air from an air compressor through all the carburetor orifices?

Eric

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones