Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/Riding Lawn Mower

I have a 12.5 Hp Yard Machine With a Walbro Carberator on it which just happened to start spraying gas out from the tail pipe. Pulled it off had someone clean it up and put it back on and the same thing happened, and Im and the end of my whits.Have you any thoughts on the subject.

I am assuming you have a Briggs and Stratton engine.

The most likely cause of you problem:

1) Leaking inlet needle or bad seat.  Does you needle have a rubber tip on it?
2) Bad float. Do you have a brass or plastic float?

Did you drain and re-fill the engine oil to remove any gas that may have entered the engine oil?

What is the engine model, type and code number?

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones

Lawnmower Repair . Certified Master Service Technician from B&S. Have 23 years experience on B&S, Lawn Chief, Weed Eater, Echo, Peerless, Wheel Horse, Snapper, Atlas, MTD, McCulloch, Homelite and many other numerous brands. Specialize in electrical repair.

Born and raised in the midwest. Started tinkering with engines when I was about 14 on my Suzuki RM-80. I began lawn mower repair at a small hardware store. I knew absolutely nothing. I read lots of repair manuals and met an older fellow who taught me many lessons. I continued working on small engines through high school and paid my way through college working on mowers at the same hardware store. Decided to get away from the midwest and mower repair so I joined the Air Force. I repaired air traffic control electronic equipment and ended up in Hawaii where I got a part time job at Small Engine Clinic. I gained a lot of experience from the Small Engine Clinic and had a blast repairing small engines. I then took the Briggs and Stratton Master Service Technician test and earned my MST. I then traveled to Wisconsin where I attended the factory update training seminar and received formal training. Continued working on mowers part time as I completed 20 years of military. Retired from the military on a Friday and continued in the lawn and garden industry the next Monday.

MAS Aerospace Operations BA Mathematics AAS Electronic Communications AAS Electronic Technology