Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)/McCulloch Brush Cutter

Question
QUESTION: Many years ago, I purchased a McCuloch Brush Cutter brand new.  Over the years I have lost the documentation that came with the machine.  I recently had the throttle cable break at the trigger.  It appears as though I have to take the case apart to replace it.  Can you give me instructions so that I don't dismantle anything that isn't necessary?  I would also appreciate the part number of the cable.  My machine is a MAC3227 straight shaft J pole.  The numbers I found on a white tag are as follows:
CT  M  32CC  SMH3-032UB24RA  EM
CO92

Under the logo, I found also 46767-38  .    Can you tell me when this was manufactured?

ANSWER: I believe it was manufactured in the mid 90's.  

You can still purchase throttle cables for the machine.

To replace the throttle cable I just remove it from the trigger, remove the shaft from the machine, remove the old cable and install the new one.   It is pretty straight forward on that machine.

Eric

QUESTION: Thanks for responding.  I managed to get it done, but with some difficulty.  Everything has to be positioned just right to get things back together.  I didn't realize the kill switch wires and throttle has to be on the outside of the little plactic tube inside the shaft housing.  Also, I see I had a typo in my original question.  The numbers should have read CT  M  32CC  SMH032UB24RA   EM instead of what I sent originally.  I am beginning to wonder if I should just get me a new one as when I pulled the rope starter, the rope will not now retract.  Thanks again for responding.  I don't really have a question unless you want to tell me how to access the rope pull.

Answer
To access the rope pull you have to dis-assemble the unit again.

Before you completely strip off all the parts, each time you remove a major part, such as the shaft or a housing, test to see if the rope starts working again.  I have seen some parts bind preventing the rope from working.

Eric  

Small Engines (Lawn Mowers, etc.)

Eric A. Jones